1. Becker’s Hospital Review describes how the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, Geisinger Health System, and Intermountain Health, are hesitant to join ACOs, at least as ACOs are implemented under the new regulations.
2. The Health Care Blog has a story on how Google Health appears to be in a deep freeze in terms of development.
3. The New England Journal of Medicine has a piece on the ACA’s controversial Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), a 15 member board whose recommendations to Congress for restraining Medicare spending become effective absent legislative action.
4. iHealthBeat reports on how the federal government’s Health IT Policy Committee is weighing adjustments to the second stage of the meaningful use program that incentivizes providers to adopt HIT.
5. Health Data Management discusses a new study showing that medical devices may act as vectors for malicious attacks on the devices and networks to which they attach.